Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy 17th Birthday Shane & Shawn


My babies are growing up. Happy Birthday to my twin boys, Shane Kim and Shawn David. Seventeen years ago, Dave & I excitedly awaited the birth of our twin boys. They have never let me down in the excitement department. They have brought our family many laughs, many tears and never a dull moment. They have grown into awesome young men, full of compassion, love for their family, and faith. Its been tough for them not to have their father around but they have found their own way, grown and matured, made their own decisions and are learning to live with them. They have grown up together, started out as one, and have grown into two wonderful young men, whom I am proud of. They are an extension of each other but standing proud on their own.
I gave birth to them 12 minutes apart, held them, marveled at their sameness and their individuality. And I still cannot believe Iwas so blessed to have not one but two perfect boys. In my eyes they are as perfect today as they were on their birthday. So Happy 17th Birthday, Dean & Don, Shaner & Shawner, my claim to fame. I love you both. You are so awesome. Thank you Heavenly Father for sending them to our family. Mom

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww... It made me cry!! Thanks Mom!! And it wasn't even for me... Lol

Trezise Momma said...

Nicely said, Mom. They are pretty awesome boys!