Sunday, October 19, 2008

The ring... the ring..


I know there have been a lot of questions about the asking of my hand in marriage from Elmo... so I wanted to set the record straight... In June of this year, Elmo asked me to go to the White Mountains with him for a long weekend. We had been up to Hawley Lake in May of 07, so this was our second trip up there. Never did it cross my mind that he would actually get down on bended knee and ask me to be his wife that weekend, (okay... it did... so now I admit it). We arrived at our cabin late in the afternoon on a Thursday. It is beautiful up there, pristine... rustic cabins surround the lake, tall green spruces, wildlife, quiet... a beautiful peaceful place. We stowed our gear and then Elmo proceded to make us dinner on the patio. Elmo is a great cook and loves to grill. He grilled steaks, potatoes & a vegatable. After a fantastic dinner and a short clean up... we talked, well into the evening... The darkness of the woods surrounded us as he got down on his knee in front of me, pulled out a black velvet box.... He was very eloquent and sweet, as only Elmo can be, although, I was so stunned... I do not remember his words.... What does a woman do when the man she loves with her whole heart & soul do in such a situation? She cries... and I did...


2 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

awwww, what a sweet story. I am glad to see that you posted again. It was good talking to you tonight and we are looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Love ya!

Jessica said...

AWWW that is so cute! Congrats! why such a long wait??