Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Upper Heyford England, 1974


I thought this would be fun for those of you who don't know the story of how I met Elmo. Both of our fathers, Elmo Acosta Sr & Robert Milligan were stationed at RAF (Royal Air Force) Upper Heyford England in 1974. We were very young, Elmo was 15 & I was 14 and in our freshman year of high school. This picture was taken with our friend, Charmaine, who now resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL with her husband, Ron Kosobucki. I was absolutely crazy about him, he was the first boy I ever kissed, or rather the first boy that ever kissed me. I can't say that I was the first girl he ever kissed, ya know... spin the bottle and all of that... anyway... we were in love. Unfortunately, shortly after finding the love of my life, Elmo's father got stationed in Tucson, AZ, and he left me to go back "state side." A year later, my dad retired from the Air Force and my family settled in Niceville, FL. We kept in touch for about a year and a half, until I wrote him a Dear Elmo letter... Shall we go into why I wrote him that letter? I think not.... but she is standing next to him in this picture! All is forgiven though and I will marry my first love on October 10th, 2009.

No comments: