Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008







A traditional Thanksgiving dinner was had by all. I entertained 21, yes... 21 people at the old plantation. Along with Elmo, we had... (are you ready?), Victor, Emily, Joey, Josh, Sam, Shane, Shawn, Tara, Will, Landon, Tristan, Avery, Preston, Heather, Jaxon, Nan, Pop, Jennifer & Erin. When I say we ate a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, what I mean is a traditional dinner by our new standards. Turkey, ham & stuffing (donated by Nan & Pop), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, relish tray, (yes, I remembered the olives for Tara), rolls and a little Filipino flavor thrown in there for good measure, Lumpia & ham fried rice. And my girls, Tara brought homemade pecan pies & banana - carmel - pecan birthday cake, and Heather brought cherry-cheese cake & pumpkin pies. It was sooo good! Emily, Tara, Heather, Preston, Jennifer, Erin, Josh & I stole a few hours to ourselves & made it to the movies to see "Twilight". I was a little worried leaving Elmo, Will, Shane & Shawn home to watch the wee ones, but we came home to find the Thanksgiving dinner ready and all 5 children still alive & kicking! I have several pictures of T-bird eyeing the pecan pie, which makes me laugh as he had a full dinner and was already for desert before we were cleaned up! We ended the evening with a birthday party for Jaxon, who turned 2 on November 11th, Tara whose birthday was November 7th & me, whose birthday was on the 28th. I honestly can say, fun was had by all, but when my four daughters left that evening to head home, I was relieved. I believe everyone left here at the plantation was sound asleep by nine.
Although, I do admit by midnight, there were several people milling around in the kitchen in search of leftovers.....




3 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

You were relieved when I left!?! I am officially offended. I thought you were going to say that you cried and cried when your favorite daughter, wonderful son-in-law, and three darling grandchildren left-leaving a huge hole in your heart.
Thanksgiving was fun, and Will wants more lumpia! Thanks for hosting!

Jennifer said...

Yeah I'm not so offended... Lol... As much as I love spending time with all y'all it gets super loud and crazy so it was nice to go home to some peace and quiet!! Haha... But alas I had a blast!! Thanks for hosting the partay mother dearest!!

Love
-JBB

Me said...

Thank you for your comment.
I wish I could have known her. :)
-Ang