Monday, November 10, 2008

I just wanted to take a minute to tell my sweetheart, Elmo, thank you. He is so wonderful with my grandchildren. Without hesitation he drove up to Cottonwood on Thursday night & tended my 2 grandsons, Landon & Tristan for Tara & Will this weekend. Unfortunately, he was sick on Friday, but by the time I got home from work on Friday evening, he was baking cookies for them. He fed them, changed a couple of stinky diapers on Tristan, bathed them dressed them and cleaned up after them. On Sunday, we headed to Phoenix to spend some time with everyone, (except Erin, she was in Snowflake, working) and I have to tell you something that really touched me, and confirmed (again) to me what a wonderful grandfather he is. After arriving at the mall, we decided we needed to take a potty break, Elmo volunteered to take Landon with him into the mens bathroom. I headed to the girls powder room and as I was washing my hands, I heard Elmo's voice... "Landon, come back here, Landon...." I walked out into the hallway where I found Elmo, down on his knees in front of Landon, explaining patiently to him why he couldn't run away from him while he was still in the bathroom. Never did he raise his voice or become angry with him. Landon took this in and stayed very close to Elmo until his parents showed up later. I posted this picture, of Elmo with Landon & Tristan taken at the Verde River last year, but to me it shows the tenderness he has for small children.

1 comment:

Trezise Momma said...

We cannot thank the two of you enough for keeping the boys for us this weekend. It was wonderful to have some time away, and I knew they were in good hands. I would offer to watch your kids for you, but....oh, wait. Doesn't Erin live with me? :)
Seriously though, you guys are awesome!